Friday, September 30, 2016

Last week in the MTC!

Waddup!!

    I hope everyone is doing well. this week is my last week in the MTC. Finally! However I am a tiny bit sad to leave though. My district and I have grown pretty close, we have become a family. We will be leaving for our missions next Tuesday early in the morning. Since its on a Tuesday, that means i wont get P-day that day, oh well. Hopefully it wont be too long until i get my next one, but why worry now, that's next week's probs.

    Sometimes, it feels like i didn't have a life before this. I forget about how the outside world is! I've been in a classroom all day everyday for 6 weeks! I also probably lost the little bit of tan i got from life guarding, but i cant tell. But on the bright side, I think I can get my farmers tan back in Riverside, since its always sunny and in the 90's F. And when I come back, you might as well call me Jose, because i'll be pretty much Hispanic. well I'm only guessing hahaha! A sister in my district has her boyfriend serving in my exact mission, and he looks pretty tan, so my hopes are up xD.

     I got like the best package in the mail this last week. it had Beef jerky, chips and queso, Cinnamon rolls, and a bunch of candy. I've been really craving junk, and it hit the spot. I've got the best mom in the world for reals. Love you Mom!

     One thing I'm super grateful is that I've got a friend here from TN! One of my best friends, Elder Edgerton, is here, even living on the same floor as me! He's headed to Ghana! I always talk every night, its pretty much necessary for my sanity. Yesterday was his birthday, so I had him over and we ate chips and queso,  t'was lit! I rarely call him Elder Edgerton tho, Its so much more natural to call him Brent, hahaha.
       I cant express it to you how hard they stress not calling your companion or any other missionary by anything other than Elder ______ or Sister______. Its easier for me to just call them by last name, but our teachers will stop, and ask " Quien?"(who?), until we call them Elder or Sister. ITS SO ANNOYING.

     One thing I'm not grateful for, is that I've gained almost 10 pounds here... . its not that the food is super great here, but they have unlimited ice cream. I cant resist ice cream, its my one weakness. I wont give you an exact amount of how much I eat, but I eat a lot lolol. 

     learning a new language is hard, even if you have studied it before. Every time I think I'm doing better and that I'm comprehending a lot, there is always something that proves me wrong haha! I understand a good amount though, and I can teach in Spanish, but it can still be super difficult sometimes. Over my course here in the MTC, I've taught a good amount of native Spanish speakers. during the lessons, I've been able to understand and teach, and others I have not. I have really been humbled by my Spanish experiences here. I'm no where near fluent, but the Lord definitely blesses me with help with this language.

    So every Sunday, we get to watch church films for the last hour before we have to go back to our residences. This last Sunday, my companion and i decided to watch Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. If anyone wants to know about the restoration, or who Joseph smith was and what he did, that film is a great thing to watch! I had seen it before, but watching it again rejuvenated me, and hyped me up for the work I'm getting ready to do right now! It was so tear jerking at some points. What he, his family and the early church members went through, its so heart breaking.
     Everyone, I know that Joseph smith was called of God to be a prophet. I testify that he did see God, our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that it was translated through the power of god by Joseph smith. Its all true, I know it!

     So something pretty funny happened this week. The Sister's residence building was infested by Bats! Apparently, one sister woke up with a bat on her neck, like what!? Anyway, they all had to move to a residence building all the way on the other side of campus. Us Elders had to help move their luggage, so we got out of class, which was so awesome. Me and and some other elders were talking about this, and if we found bats, there would be no way we would tell someone about it. It would be pretty dope to live with bats!!!! We could keep them as pets, how freaking cool would that be?!

Alright guys, I hope y'all are doing well! till next time.

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment