Friday, September 30, 2016

Blog # whatever

Well, I have kinda had an eventful week. And I've been in the mission for 2 weeks, only 102 to go LOL! Sorry this is super long too.

        To start off, my Prep Day is on Mondays now, if you weren't aware. P-Days here in Riverside are really chill. We usually just go to a Building and play ball or board games or whatever we can do that's fun. we usually email for an 1 1/2 hours or so, then grocery shop and do anything else that's needed before we get back to work at 6pm.

         So ill start with something crazy that happened to me this week, My bike got stolen! it was taken we think on Tuesday, but who really knows. we had it up on our balcony on the second floor, and someone took it. Like really?? I'm actually not that heart broken about it, and i hope whoever stole it needed it more than i did. Being without a bike really inst a problem for me right now, because we are full time car for this area. The bummer though is that i never got to ride good ol Gloria before she was kidnapped. R.I.P (of course I had to name my bike).

          On the brighter side, Elder Patterson and I put 5 people on date for baptism this Week! God is good! 4 of the five, are part of the Penunuri family. The father of that family is a less active, and actually called the missionaries to help him turn his life around to where it was before. So as the rest of his family is preparing to be Baptized, he is preparing to be ready to be able to baptize them! Our other one is a girl named Toni, that we met on accident ( I may have wrote about our meeting last blog, but my memory is horrible haha). Anyways, she and the Penunuri's are set to be baptized this October!

          I am thoroughly enjoying my time as a missionary. It can be so fun and uplifting, but it can also be super difficult, and has already become the hardest time in my life. Adjusting to the mission life was somewhat of a challenge. in the MTC i was never as exhausted as i am right now, so i usually try to get everything done when we get home for the day so i can get to sleep early. Sleep is something that I'm not sure even exists anymore. It feels like you close your eyes, and the next second the alarm is going off. That is the worst felling EVER. I also haven't worked out once since Ive gotten here, but I've been trying to eat real light for breakfast and lunch, because Hispanics give you so much on your plate for dinner, a blessing and a curse... 

      So, as far as my Spanish is concerned, its coming along real well. I still suck, and I'm going to continue to suck for a good while. I;m able to comprehend more now, but i can only really get the message they are trying to put across, and sometimes they speak so fast I'm totally clueless. its especially hard sometimes when I'm talking to someone across their yard, and they speak so softly i can barely even hear what they're saying, Elder Patterson has to help me with those haha. However, last night we were contacting a bit before we went back home. I started to contact a man in English, but he only knew Spanish. it was so dark, id didn't know if he was Mexican or a tan white guy. Anyways, i switched to Spanish and started to talk to him, he turned me down, but when i was finished, Elder Patterson was impressed, he said it was a really good contact. See my Spanish is going somewhere, I guess.

        We also ran into some super High black women last night, it was a really weird experience. We were just walking back to the car and one of them called us out and ran across the street. One of them knew who we were, because some came by her house and she would feed them and make them do her yard work and laundry haha. She said she quit taking discussions because she likes to do the dirty deed (for lack of another word) whenever she likes to, i have no clue why she wanted to tell us that haha. the other one just liked to talk to us, and ask us random questions. Elder Patt gave them our card and number ( i honestly don't know why he did) and we might end up teaching them. if we do, expect an interesting blog.

See ya next week!

Elder Brad Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment