Thursday, December 15, 2016

yoyoyo

YOYOYO what is up good people of this dispensation.

So today marks the first day of the new transfer. This will be my 4th in the mission, 3rd in the field! also i hit my 4 month mark, which is pretty cray and all, because its gone by decently fast. dont get me wrong there was definitely slow times, but overall, i dont  know where the time went haha! Also, i finished my training this last transfer, and that is pretty sweet.

I got a new companion(s). The reason why i did the weird thing with the word companion(s) is because i have one now, and we will be getting another tomorrow, Yes i will be in a trio...

So my new companion is Elder Paxton, hes been out for about 14-15 months, and he is a phenomenal missionary. i served along side him in our zone because he was one of our zone leaders last transfer. He's crazy good, and his spanish is impeccable. im am going to get so much better at spanish, because he told me we will be speaking spanish most of the time, with few exceptions, so thats something ahaha. he is super intense, maybe as i have mentioned before.  The trainee comes in tomorrow, but we dont know which one we will be getting. 

With a trio, means we needed a bigger apartment, so we switched apartments today, that was a lot of work. i get my own bathroom this transfer tho, thats super exciting!

So yesterday was the Christmas devotional from the First Presidency of the church. it was pretty lit not going to lie. Christmas time is a special time, and i love it mean talks are prepared solely on the coming of Christ, the holy ghost, and other nativity and Christmas themes. My testimony of Christ as my Savior grows each time i hear these men called of God talk.

There is a christmas initiative that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has put out, Called #Lighttheworld. This initiative is about how we can do things Christ did while he was on this earth, because he served wherever he went, and he was our perfect example. We may not be able to heal the blind or cure the sick, but we can do things similar to it. For every day there are multiple ways to serve in our community, in the ways Christ did. its an awesome way to get into the christmas spirit, everyone should try it out!

So i just have to tell you guys, Hispanics can be one of the most loving and friendly people you can ever meet. so this week, Elder patterson and i were going around to some people so he could say good bye, because he is headed to moreno valley. 

So as we went to go by this one woman who is so awesome, loves the church but isnt baptized because she lives with her boyfriend, but all of her children are baptized. anyway, we had to go to her friends house up the street to go see her, because she was there with her and her yard sale. When we got there and as we were talking, Her friend looked at my shoes (which were destroyed) and asked me right then and there what size i wore. i was caught off guard, and i and no clue why she wanted to know that, but i told her i wore anywhere from a 9 1/2 to 10 1/2. Well, she got out of her seat and went inside and brought out these nice dress shoes and told me to try them on. Once she knew that they fit decently well, she told me to give her my shoes, and we would do a trade. LIKE WHAT? i asked her if she wanted me to pay her but she insisted. I got red, because i was kinda uncomfortable taking these nice shoes for my crappy ones. I felt so much love for this woman and the hispanic culture in general, almost every hispanic we meet is so nice. Its such a blessing to serve in a spanish area!

See ya later yall, thats all i gots!


Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment