Saturday, October 15, 2016

Week 10

Well, this last week wraps up week 10, of like 102.

Thanks to all who sent me Birthday wishes! I actually had a decent Birthday. My family sent me all sorts of crap to eat, all my favorite candy and what not. Im honestly so blessed to have a family that loves me so much! All the other missionaries in my Apartment Complex were so amazed. They were like " i wish my family loved me that much" and " Dude, your sisters send the best candy", yeah, I know my family puts yours to shame hahaha!

 I tried to Keep my Birthday on the DL, but Elder Patterson couldnt stop telling people... . We had Trainer/Trainee Training that day, and of course he had to tell everyone, and The mission presidents Wife made me stand up in front of everyone during lunch while they sang Happy birthday to me. the only good thing that came out of that was an extra brownie haha. Also, later that day, we went to Hermana Espinosa's house for dinner. What did Elder Patt do? Tell her it was my birthday. When she heard this, she immediately had her daughter go get me a cake, and of course i had to have her get Tres leches, that crap is so freaking good. We had a tiny little celebration, and i actually enjoyed that part! As ive said before, hispanics are best!

Update on Elder Patt's arm: its Fractured!!! LOL! i laughed so hard when we found out, i couldnt help it. But guess what, the orthopedics havent called us yet. They werte suppose to call us last week. Sister Mullen is about to kill them, she even told us she would bring a big stick if she had to go talk to them in person. He's been in a splint and a sling, but recently hes gotten so annoyed in being in one, so he took both off and only wears them if The president or his wife is around haha. What a goon! When we have the chance to go to the orthopedics, and if he needs surgery, he will have to go home for a bit and come back after he recovers, but i doubt that will happen.

Well, remember when i said i had to take over the area this last week. Well it went not so great....

So, we had to do exchanges last week, which is basically when one of us goes to another area for a day. Elder Patt has to do that because he is Out District leader, and he has to go on exchanges with everyone in our district. It was my first time taking over the area. im pretty new at this stuff, so i kinda expected it to go bad. However, what made it bad was not that i did horrible, or that i just did all the wrong stuff. It was because no one was home, no one wanted the message and so on and so forth. I was worried my spanish was going to hold me back, but it was just my inexperience. Its weird, when youre the only spanish speaking missionary out of the 2, your spanish gets so much better, idk why! and Honestly i didnt do too bad, it just wasnt how i wanted it to go. it put me in a bad mood that night. 

Ive also had to drive this week because of Elder Patts Elbow, so thats been Freaking stressful. i had not drove in 9 months. i was freaking nervous. and yes, i have made traffic mistakes, no, i didnt get in a wreck. But roads out her are hecka confusing tho, and ive almost gone into the wrong lane of traffic. IN MY DEFENSE, the intersections, roads, and everything are like a 10x10 rubics cube.

see yall later! have a good week, y Dios les bendiga! les amo mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment